Coming clean

  • Tuesday, July 15, 2008
  • Payton Bartee
  • I lied, kind of dug myself into a hole...there is no Part 2. I thought I'd have some dramatic finale, an appropriate way to sum up the last few years of my life in blog form while also offering a look at the present. What I've found is that things are way too kinetic right now to offer an honest take on things. If Sarah Connor is right and there's "no fate but what we make," then I'll just keep on keeping on and try to update this thing along the way.

    Top Five
    ...Things I love most about The Dark Knight so far:

    1. The viral marketing campaign that's taken place the last year-and-a-half
    2. Joker-isms from the trailers ("...better class of criminal..." / "You'll see, I'll show you" / "And here...we...go.")
    3. The opening prologue (bank heist), also known as the 6 minutes shown in front of I Am Legend-IMAX back in December
    4. The fact my favorite critic James Berardinelli gave it four stars (hasn't given that out since 2006)
    5. The soundtrack, by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

    0 comments:

    Copyright 2010 occasional contemplations