Viva La Vida

  • Monday, June 16, 2008
  • Payton Bartee
  • What a difference a week makes! Sheryl Crow put it best when she said "a change could do you good." I'm back at Harding this week for Uplift, and while this week is one of my favorites of the year, being back at this place is invokes different feelings. For all the memories and fun had on this campus, there's been equal/more amounts of anxiety, frustration, and embarrassment. The theme of our Uplift class this year has to do with taking the road less traveled; the path in life that requires perseverance, patience, and humility. And while I'm just the corny game-show host for an object lesson during the class, the message hits home in a powerful way for me...no matter how many times a day I hear it. It's such a reflection of my own life--the enjoyment of being young and irresponsible, crossed with the powerful and inventive ways God helps me come back to him. Being on this campus will always make me smile; but it also serves as a sharp reminder of how much I've screwed up. The light at the end of the tunnel, the good news about this "road less traveled" is that we don't walk it blindly. I've learned that the hard way, but I'm better off for it.

    Top Five...Acappella songs:

    1. Well On My Way
    2. Rescue
    3. Teaching the Truth in Love
    4. Everybody Said
    5. Abba Father

    0 comments:

    Copyright 2010 occasional contemplations