Top 10 of 2007, Redux

  • Sunday, January 27, 2008
  • Payton Bartee
  • WELP, I've seen some more contenders that I had wanted to see before I made this list, so I wanted to revise it a bit. No major changes except for the inclusion of Into the Wild, one of the most impressive films of 2007. It forges a spot in my top 3 due to magnificent atmosphere, message, and technical prowess. As much as I was anticipating There Will Be Blood, I left the theater extremely disappointed with PTA. Daniel Day-Lewis was epic, as usual, but I found it to be PTA's sloppiest film by far. A beauty to look at though, as always. Here's my Top 10, Version 1.5...

    Honorable Mentions:

    15. Knocked Up
    14. Ocean's Thirteen
    13. Superbad
    12. I Am Legend
    11. Juno

    The Top 10:

    10. 3:10 to Yuma
    9. Ratatouille
    8. The Kingdom
    7. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    6. Zodiac
    5. Atonement
    4. Gone Baby Gone
    3. Into the Wild
    2. The Bourne Ultimatum
    1. No Country for Old Men

    0 comments:

    Copyright 2010 occasional contemplations