Championship Vinyl

  • Sunday, June 8, 2008
  • Payton Bartee
  • It's been over four months since my last blog post...yikes. In the time since my last post, my favorite sports team has won the national championship, LOST: Season 4 has run its course, I've made a major life change by moving to Houston for the next few years, Coldplay has come out with a masterpiece, and we finally have our two candidates for President. Anyway--I'm going to give consistency an honest shot this summer, starting now. This reboot comes complete with some purdy new colors and a new theme from one of my favorite flicks, "High Fidelity." After all, what better day to start something fresh than the day you were born? (Edit--didn't get this finished in time...crap)

    I'll keep it short and sweet tonight--

    Top Five...thoughts on my birthday:

    1. I need to work out daily more than I already am (at least an hour). Eating out so much is not helping, but neither does being ridiculously skinny.
    2. What a month for sports championships--Red Wings/Penguins makes the NHL "cool" again to younger viewers, and Lakers/Celtics is about as good as it gets.
    3. The age-old battle of Head vs. Heart tends to fatigue both combatants pretty quickly.
    4. I really, really, really wish Houston had a better public transportation system. I envy some of my buddies in Dallas...AHEM, Fireman Dan
    5. I definitely feel a year older. Not in a 'cooler' or 'more adult' sense, but in a 'miles traveled' way. Maybe Indy was right--"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

    -PB

    2 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...
    2. Welcome back, and keep it up

      June 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    3. Unknown said...
    4. Glad to see you're back -- and it made me all warm and fuzzy to get a shout out...I think that should be a consistent thing too. :)

      June 9, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    Copyright 2010 occasional contemplations