Just because I'm losing doesn't mean I'm lost

  • Thursday, June 12, 2008
  • Payton Bartee
  • Top Five...quotes for this week:

    1. "I think everything we're trying to do at the moment is about not starting again so much as breaking down what we've built up before and trying to build something different and hopefully better, or worse in a good way. And this song is one of our favorites, because none of us are doing anything on it that we've ever done before. But we really enjoy playing it. The longer you go on as a band, the harder it is to surprise yourself." -Chris Martin, about the title-track of Coldplay's newest album

    2. "Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport..." -Jim McKay

    3. "I've decided never to decide another thing again." -Chaos Theory

    4. (Actual email to ESPN's Bill Simmons) I've noticed in your columns that you refer to the "TD Banknorth Garden" as "Whatever The Hell The Garden Is Called." We at TD Bank spent over $100 million purchasing the naming rights to the Garden. We would appreciate if you mentioned the "TD Banknorth Garden" by its proper name. With your large number of readers, it would make our investment worthwhile. Thank you.

    Sincerely,
    Ed Clark, president & CEO of TD Bank

    5. "I feel like the best version of myself when I’m with you…and that makes me doubt everything else." -Keeping the Faith

    1 comments:

    1. Unknown said...
    2. #4 is my favorite -- sick of all the sponsorship in sports.

      June 12, 2008 at 6:30 AM
    Copyright 2010 occasional contemplations